CIS 3009 Semester 3 2013, ASSIGNMENT 2 SPECIFICATION
Instructions for submission:
1. Submit the file of the FINAL version of your Case Study and SAP journal entries to Turnitin to receive a similarity report.
2. If the Turnitin report stands at more than ten percent, you might want to review the applicable sections before submitting. The Turnitin reports are checked during the marking process.
3. Then submit the assignment file and the SAP exercise output files by the due date via the EASE link on the study desk. If you experience issues with the submission process please:
1. Ensure that the size of your file is less than 5MB and that it is a document file, types .doc, .docx, or .rtf, then try to submit again,
2. If that does not resolve your issue, contact AskUSQ for technical assistance,
3. If following that, you are still experiencing difficulties send me an email with your name, student number and details of the problem you are experiencing and I will advise you what to do next.
4. DO NOT send any assignment file via email unless specifically asked to do so.
SECTION A (40 marks)
In-text citation and references (or sources) using the Harvard referencing style are required for this section
This section is based on the Case 1.1, Opening Case, HersheyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Enterprise 21 Project, page 2-3 of your textbook.
As an external consultant, you have been hired by Hershey Foods Inc. to evaluate the effectiveness of the processes they undertook in implementing its ERP system and to present your evaluation in report format to the CEO of Hershey Foods Inc. You have been asked to use, for the body of your report, the format given in the file, Analyzing a Case Study. The rest of the report format should follow your Communication skills handbook.
Using the knowledge covered in Module 1-4 and supplemented by at least 4 academically sound external sources:
1. Your report should identify, evaluate and discuss:
a. The implementation strategy used by Hershey Food Inc.
b. The processes that contributed to the final outcome, positively and/or negatively:
c. The processes that posed a risk and how those risks were/could have been minimized,
2. Your report should end with an evaluation of the overall effectiveness of the implementation and a Ã¢â‚¬Ëœlessons learnedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ section to inform any future ERP implementation.
NOTE: You should restrict your report only to topics covered in Chapters 1- 4 and not extend it to cover the full implementation process.
Length: 1500-2000 words.