Assessment Task 3 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Executive Report for Beckham Ventures
Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities for Beckham Ventures LimitedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s release of childrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sportswear.
Please note this is product does not exist and has been created for the purpose of this assessment only.
David Beckham is world renowned as a soccer legend. With prodigious soccer skills, he took the world by storm and is considered one of the most gifted athletes of his generation.
He has created an empire which includes fashion clothing, fragrances, a memoir Both Feet on the Ground and a range of merchandise with his wife, former Spice Girl Victoria -Posh- Adams.
As the father of three young boys, David and Victoria Beckham want to create a line of young soccer sportswear.
The line will be released through their company Beckham Ventures Limited and their goal or mission is to Ã¢â‚¬Ëœcreate an affordable and exciting line of quality soccer wear for every budding soccer star worldwide.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢
They decided to undertake test marketing of the product range in one geographical area only to see if it has merit. The test market was Perth, Australia and it succeeded! Now they want to launch in your capital city.
You are hired as the marketer to prepare a full strategy and situational analysis around this product.
The product range will be called Beckham Sports Star Range and consist of Beckham branded soccer training shirts and singles, shorts, socks and hats for boys and girls aged 4 to 12.
You are to prepare a report on evaluation of marketing opportunities for Beckham Ventures Limited which should contain a table of contents and the following sections:
Executive summary Introduction
Purpose of the report Findings
The report must include:
1. A situation analysis covering:
market background (description and structure)
market size (value and/or volume or relative size) market growth
consumer behaviour factors key competitors
2. An investigation of possible marketing opportunities and an evaluation in terms of their likely fit with Beckham Sports Star Range
3. A review of the financial viability of opportunities.
4. A ranking of opportunities in terms of their viability and likely contribution to the business.
5. Description of the changes that need to be made to current operations (assuming they have no manufacturing outlets in Australia). You will need to see if they already have distributors in Australia for their other products.
6. An analysis if the new product will affect any of the other products and how the continuation of a quality service to existing customers can be assured (consider distribution outlets, the existing and potential markets)
7. An estimation of resource requirements for changed operations (consider marketing, sales, promotion, manufacture, distribution).
8. A Recommendation of the viability of making changes to current operations to stakeholders as required.
1. Items 1-8 (above) are fully described with sufficient detail.
2. The situation analysis demonstrates evidence of sound marketing research applied to the product and the target market
3. Marketing opportunities are identified, ranked and evaluated
4. A description of the changes that would affect operations and the impact the product has on other products and in the provision of a quality service to existing customers
5. A summary of the resource requirements with financial estimates
6. Appropriate recommendations/conclusion
7. The report contains the dot points as headings in the report with the Ã¢â‚¬ËœFindingsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ section including items 1-7 above and item 8 found within the Recommendations/Conclusion
8. The report length was adhered to + or Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 10%.