Programme Title FdA Aesthetic Practitioner
Module Title Non-Invasive Aesthetic Procedures
Module Code 1857
Assignment Title Training Manual
Lecturers Deborah Freeman, Claire Prew, Elise Phillips, Helen Barrett-Cox
W/C Hand Out Date 16th March 2020
Due Date By 19:00 on 01/06/2020
Feedback Post Date 29/06/2020
Assignment Format Design a Training Manual
Assignment Word Count 2,000
Presentation Duration n/a
Module Learning Outcomes covered in this assignment I. Demonstrate electrical treatment procedures for the face & Body
Submission Format (include ATS key for hard copy submission e-Submission
This assignment will assess your ability to demonstrate and evaluate the safe use of combined treatments for the face and body.
• Include a frontice piece, contents page and reference page at the back of your manual.
• An analysis of suitable treatment area/s.
• Include recommendations with regards to treatment frequency and maintenance.
• Include contra-indications, product application and contra-actions.
• Compliance with Health and Safety principles for the application of combined treatments for the face and body.
• You will evidence how to perform a safe and effective treatment on the face using the 3DSkinTech machine to include the application of all 4 modalities; diamond microdermabrasion, radio frequency, LED, and electro mesotherapy.
• You will evidence how to perform a safe and effective treatment on the body, using the Therma Visage machine to include all 3 modalities; Radio frequency, vacuum suction and LED.
• Incorporate the use of images, diagrams and treatment procedures.
• Provide after care advice for the treatment combinations performed.
• Include retail advice to meet the individual needs of the client.
For guidance on this assignment, please access the assignment vodcast available through Canvas.
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT GUIDANCE
TEAMWORK AND ITS ASSESSMENT Should this assignment require you to work as part of a team, you will receive an individual grade based upon your performance as well as personalised feedback. The module leader will explain how your individual grade and feedback will be determined.
Importance of Word Counts and Presentation Timings Assignment word counts and presentation timings should always be observed. Ignoring a word count increases significantly the risk of your work losing marks because it lacked structure, flow, focus and clarity. Timings must be observed for assessed presentations for the same reasons.
Cut-off date for late work http://www.ucb.ac.uk/handbook/academic-matters/assessment-issues.aspx
Grading criteria http://www.ucb.ac.uk/handbook/academic-matters/assessments-fairness-and-marking.aspx
Extenuating Circumstances http://www.ucb.ac.uk/handbook/academic-matters/assessments-if-things-go-wrong.aspx
UCB Referencing Guide https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/asc/study-skills/references
General Academic Guidance https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/asc