Student Name Student Number
Unit Code and Name CHCAOD001 Work in and alcohol and other drugs context
Assessment Type Written
Assessment No. AT2 Assessment Date 2/8/2020
Assessment Name Research and Report Task
Assessor Name Jason Bradtke Date Submitted
Student Declaration: I declare that this assessment is my own work. Any ideas and comments made by other people have been acknowledged as references. I understand that if this statement is found to be false, it will be regarded as misconduct and will be subject to disciplinary action as outlined in the TAFE Queensland Student Rules. I understand that by emailing or submitting this assessment electronically, I agree to this Declaration in lieu of a written signature.
Student Signature Date
PRIVACY DISCLAIMER: TAFE Queensland is collecting your personal information in accordance with NVR (Standard SNR 15.5) for assessment purposes. The information will only be accessed by authorised employees of TAFE Queensland. Some of this information may be given to the National VET Regulator (ASQA) and/or Department of Education, Training and Employment for audit and/or reporting purposes. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us written permission or we are required by law.
Instructions to Student
1. To demonstrate competency in this task you will need to undertake some research and report on your findings by responding to the three tasks in this assessment. Read each task carefully and respond to each part of the questions.
2. Some tasks have a word limit for you to consider in your responses.
3. Remember to reference any of your research you can refer to the APA Referencing Guide on Connect.
To achieve a satisfactory result, your assessor will be looking for your ability to demonstrate the following key skills/tasks/knowledge to an acceptable industry standard:
• Research and report on specific legislation related to guidelines including codes of conduct, discrimination, duty of care, human rights, informed consent, mandatory reporting in two states, privacy, confidentiality and disclosure and records management.
• Provided a report of an AOD organisation/setting a worker could be employed including a demonstrated understanding of rights and responsibilities, role boundaries, values and philosophies.
• Reviewed an evidence based model a client experiencing AOD issues could access.
Number of Attempts:
You will receive up to two (2) attempts at this assessment task. Should your 1st attempt be unsatisfactory (U), your teacher will provide feedback and discuss the relevant sections / questions with you and will arrange a due date for the submission of your 2nd attempt. If your 2nd submission is unsatisfactory (U), or you fail to submit a 2nd attempt, you will receive an overall unsatisfactory result for this assessment task. Only one re-assessment attempt may be granted for each assessment task, with the exception of Apprentices or Trainees who are permitted an additional supplementary assessment. For more information, refer to the Student Rules.
Submission details Insert your details on page 1 and sign the Student Declaration. Include this template with your submission.
Note to Student An overview of all Assessment Tasks relevant to this unit is located in the Unit Study Guide.
Research and report on the following:
1. What are the specific legislation and guidelines for organisations and individuals around legal and ethical considerations in AOD work in the following areas?
• Codes of Conduct
• Duty of care
• Human rights
• Informed consent
• Mandatory reporting (in your State / Territory, plus one other)
• Privacy confidentiality and disclosure
• Records management.
What is one piece of specific legislation relating to AOD?
You can draw from a range of legislation and practice guidelines - International, National, State / Territory, or Local area.
Approximately 250 words
2. Research and provide a 400 word report on one (1) of the following settings in which a worker in the AOD sector could be employed. The student must confirm the setting with their assessor prior to commencement of the assessment.
Choose one (1) setting from the following:
• Residential Rehabilitation Program /Therapeutic Community
• Detoxification / Withdrawal Setting
• Community based services (non-government programs)
• Clinical based services (e.g. opiate replacement therapy)
Use the headings below to guide your report.
• The rights and responsibilities of the client and the worker in the setting (150 words);
• The importance of professional role boundaries and examples of professional boundaries to be observed
• The values and philosophy of the setting
3. Choose one of the following evidence-based models that a client experiencing alcohol or other drug issues could access. Complete a 350 word review of the model.
• 12 Step Model – Alcoholics Anonymous / Narcotics Anonymous
• Cognitive behavioral therapy
• Motivational Interviewing
• Narrative therapy.