Alzheimer’s disease, a neurological disease, is a very costly public health problem. As the population ages, the incidence of Alzheimer’s will increase. The incidence of Alzheimer’s will nearly quadruple in the next 40 years. Finding a way to delay the onset of this disease could have a major impact on public health.
This is a MPH graduate assignment.
Answer/ Response to the following questions:
1. Provide a concise description of what is known about how Alzheimer’s disease occurs
2. Please include risk factors such as genes and environment. Utilize molecular and biological terminology as appropriate.
3. Discuss at least one example of recent, published literature that is being done to understand how Alzheimer’s disease occurs.
4. Explain how the findings can be applied in public health.
5. Support your discussion by citing at least one primary research article
Your initial postings must be 400 words (not including the full references).
Keep your responses succinct.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations. Refer to the APA Publication Manual to ensure your citations in the text and reference list are correct.
Please applied the Application Assignment Rubric when writing the Paper
I. Paper should demonstrate an excellent understanding of all of the concepts and key points presented in the texts.
II. Paper provides significant detail including multiple relevant examples, evidence from the readings and other sources, and discerning ideas.
III. Paper should be well organized, uses scholarly tone, follows APA style, uses original writing and proper paraphrasing, contains very few or no writing and/or spelling errors, and is fully consistent with graduate level writing style.
IV. Paper should be mostly consistent with graduate level writing style.