Unit name :Connecting people
There are two parts to your submission.
Part 1 (individual work; 700-1000 words)
For the first part of your assignment submission, write a reflective piece of work:
• discussing your two best contributions to the wiki and why you think they were of value to the group activity;
• outlining two significant lessons learned from others in the group and why they were of special value to you;
• commenting on what did and did not work in the team approach afforded by a collaborative online space;
• documenting, with examples, any developments in your own information and digital literacies in the course of the exercise.
Note that this part of the assignment should consist of reflection on your information practices and not a ‘textbook’ response to the exercise, but that it is appropriate and desirable nevertheless that you refer to theoretical points covered in your reading. Where possible, provide evidence for your statements: for instance, if your information seeking behaviour has changed then explain in what ways it has changed.
Part 2 (individual work; 700-100 words)
For the second part of your assignment submission,
• discuss the program of information literacy instruction that your group outlined,
• write some sample text (maximum 400 words) that covers an important module within the proposed program (taking into account the needs and capabilities of the user community in the case study) and illustrates your thinking on information and digital literacies and
• comment on what you see as the value of ‘traditional’ IL standards in the digital information environment.
As before, you need to ensure that you draw on a significant body of literature to support your paper – twelve authoritative sources as a basic minimum.
Marking criteria for Assignment 1
The following criteria will be used in marking this assignment:
(1) demonstrated linkage of your case study discussion to the theory covered in Modules 1 and 2
(2) evidence of analytical skills
(3) evidence of communication skills
(4) awareness of user needs in the context of the case study
(5) quality and relevance of literature you draw on to support your decisions
(6) presentation, structure, expression, citation and referencing.
Due date 1 April: 5 pm
From my side:
assignment should be based on WIKI, [part 1 two contributions, part 2 information literacy instruction]
Our Wiki name is Media resources
Outline (within Media resources):
• Library services
• Useful links
• Citations and referencing resources
• Information literacy instruction
• Library guide
• Discussion forum
Among them, I have used e-resources, citation and referencing resources and information literacy instruction.