Looking for customized, unused and Plagiarism free solutions ???
Assessment Task 1: Written Video Analysis
Task description and direction:
This task requires you to analyse the communication demonstrated in the film ‘WIT’ by Mike Nichols by responding to the following questions/directions:
Part 1: Select one of the following three questions to discuss
I want you to select question 3 – The icy-pole (pospsicle)……
1. Effective communication is essential for the establishment of a therapeutic nurse-patient relationship and the provision of safe, ethical and person-centred nursing care. Drawing upon the film and relevant literature and resources, discuss some examples of effective and ineffective communication (verbal and non-verbal) portrayed in the movie.
2. How are you feeling today? This phrase is often used as part of a general greeting in lay-discourse, but its perfunctory use in healthcare can often be disengaging and disempowering for our patients. Present a critique of how this phrase was used in the film, incorporating relevant literature and resources to justify your observations.
3. The icy-pole (popsicle) scene represents a turning point in the therapeutic relationship and communication between Vivian and Susie. Discuss what changed and how this demonstrated more effective communication, drawing upon relevant literature and resources to support and give depth to your observations.
Part 2: Everyone is required to complete this section
Present a personal reflection on the learnings you have gained through watching and analysing this film, including the identification of any gaps in your knowledge or skills and a plan for the changes or improvements you intend to make to enhance your future practice.
Assessment Criteria, what you will be marked against:
1. Describe examples of effective and ineffective therapeutic communication in the film;
2. Identify and critique the use of verbal and non-verbal communication in the film, including the tone, volume and speed of verbal interactions; body language; barriers to understanding; and whether communication ‘presence and authenticity’ were demonstrated;
3. Incorporate relevant literature and learning resources to justify observations;
4. Use reflection to identify any gaps in your knowledge or skills, and propose a plan for addressing/improving these;
5. Present a coherent paper demonstrating correct formatting, spelling, grammar and referencing (Harvard style).
Word Count maximum: 1500 words
Due: 31st of March 2016 by 5pm
Disclaimer : HelpWithAssignments.com provides assignment and homework help for guidance and reference purpose only. These papers are not to be submitted as it is. These papers are intended to be used for research and reference purposes only.