Looking for customized, unused and Plagiarism free solutions ???
MBA8000 ASSIGNMENT 1: Critical Reflection
Due Date (2 April 2016) Word Limit (2,500)
This assignment has three parts. In Part 1 you will describe an ethical dilemma that you had to face. In Part 2 you will analyze it. In Part 3 you will reflect on it.
Part 1: Description (Word Limit = 500)
Discuss an ethical dilemma that you have had to face in the workplace or at college / university. Give as much details as possible within the word limit.
Please include the following: (You can replace the real names and places with fictional ones)
• Describe the situation
• Describe who was involved
• Describe where the situation took place
• Describe when it happened and what was going on.
• Describe the values and norms that were in conflict.
• Describe your thoughts and feeling.
• Describe what you did. (How was the dilemma resolved or what was the outcome?)
• Rate your decision. On a scale from 1-10 how happy were you with your decision? (1 = Very unhappy 10= Very happy) and state why you thought that.
Part 2: Analysis (Word Limit = 1,500)
In this section you are going to analyze the ethical dilemma described in Part 1 above
Please include the following:
• Choose three of the normative ethical theories discussed in the course and use those three ethical theories to analyze the ethical dilemma described in Part 1. You should include critical thinking and use about 500 words with each one
If you do not know how to analyze something take a look at How To Analyze in the ACTIVITIES section of Module 2
Part C: Reflection (Word Limit = 500)
In this section you are going to reflect back on the initial decision
Please include the following:
• Did any of the ethical theories discussed in Part 2 make you more happy with the decision you made in Part 1? Why? or Why not?
• Did any of the ethical theories discussed in Part 2 make you less happy with the decision you made in Part 1? Why? or Why not?
• If you were in that same situation again would you make the same decision again? Why? or Why not?
Please make sure that you have completed all parts of Assignment 1 before submitting it
Have you described a moral dilemma? Make sure it is a moral dilemma and not something else. If you are unsure look at the Readings and Activities in Module 1 again
Have you applied ethical theories to analyze the event? If you are unsure look at the Readings and Activities in Module 2 again
Have you reflected back on your original decision in Part 1?
If you are unsure look at the Readings and Activities in Module 3 (Especially the parts that refer to Reflection)
Have you written clearly so that the marker can understand what you have written about? If the marker cannot understand you they will be unable to give you a very good mark. It does not matter how much you know, how good you are or how smart you are. If you don’t show us that on paper we can’t give you the marks you deserve!
Students sometimes write as though they think the marker has ESP. We don’t! If you don’t write your thoughts down we can’t mark your thoughts. The only way we can find out what you are thinking about is through your written work!
Your written work is the medium between what you are thinking and what we believe you are thinking
Make sure the written work is not like a mobile phone that has a weak signal
Did you reference your work clearly?
Did you include a Bibliography?
Did you check your work against the Marking Criteria?
We use the Marking Criteria to mark your work. That’s why it’s called ‘Marking Criteria’. It is the criteria that we use to judge your work.
If you have followed our suggestions (on the Studydesk) about when to do Parts 1, 2 and 3 you should be able to put your work aside for a few days. You will then be in a better position to proofread it
You need to leave some time between writing and proofreading.
It is nearly impossible to proofread just after writing. Your mind jumps over all the mistakes
Here are some useful links about proofreading
Marking Criteria for MBA8000 Assignment 1
PART 1: Description (Marked out of 10)
• The student described an ethical dilemma
• The description included relevant facts
• The student included their thoughts and feelings
• The student rated their decision 0 - 4.9 5 – 6.4 6.5 – 7.4 7.5 – 8.4 8.5 - 10
PART 2: Analysis (Marked out of 50)
• The student drew on three ethical theories.
• The assignment included analysis and critical thinking. 0 – 24.9 25 – 32 32.5 - 37 37.5 - 42 42.5 - 50
PART 3: Reflection (Marked out of 20)
• The student addressed all three elements of the reflection 0 – 9.9 10 – 12.9 13 – 14.9 15 – 16.9 17 - 20
Format and presentation (Marked out of 20)
• The student provided their assignment in the required essay format, evidencing an appropriate level and mastery of written communication and referencing style
• The assignment included in-text referencing and a Bibliography. 0 – 9.9 10 – 12.9 13 – 14.9 15 – 16.9 17 - 20
TOTAL MARK = /100
Question Set #436
Word Count: 2702 words including References File Format: Microsoft Word File Editable: Yes