Looking for customized, unused and Plagiarism free solutions ???
This is assessment 2: Research Essay 30 marks
Length 3,000 words
Please note that this question requires substantial research (see the assessment criteria below).
(a) Explain oligopoly and perfect competition market structures, and identify the key factors that distinguish them. (6 marks)
(b) Choose an industry from your home country representing oligopoly, and using real data from your case study identify its key characteristics in relation to the factors used to differentiate between the market structures.(6 marks)
(c) Briefly explain how oligopoly can be evaluated. Using real data from your case study, apply appropriate evaluation model to your case study and compare the market outcomes under oligopoly with the market outcomes under perfect competition model. (10 marks)
Additional marks (8 marks)
Substantial research and analysis. 4 mark
Overall presentation of work, especially use of graphs, clear written expression. 2 mark
Appropriate use of referencing. 2 marks
• Besides the textbook, you should also refer to a few other academic books, journal articles and relevant websites in answering these questions.
• Sources must be acknowledged and a list of references provided.
• Concepts must be defined accurately and completely.
• The assumptions upon which the analysis is based must be stated at the onset.
• Diagrams must be drawn properly, correctly labelled and the relations they depict explained.
• Photocopied and scanned graphs from books, articles or websites are not acceptable. It is preferable to hand-draw a graph then scan it to insert in your file.
• Answers must be complete, addressing the specific tasks nominated in the questions.
• Remember an extension is not a gift, it is a burden.
Question Set #508
Word Count: 3521 words including References File Format: Microsoft Word File Editable: Yes
Disclaimer : HelpWithAssignments.com provides assignment and homework help for guidance and reference purpose only. These papers are not to be submitted as it is. These papers are intended to be used for research and reference purposes only.