You are required to prepare a 1500 word essay, supported by a minimum of 6 scholarly references. The purpose of this task is for you to extend your skills in sourcing information from nursing journals, apply this information to a nursing topic, further develop your academic writing skills and practice your referencing skills in a written essay.
Please select ONE question from the below choices:
1. Explain how nursing, as either a profession or a discipline, has been shaped by the social and cultural changes that have occurred over the last 200 years.
2. Nurses in Australia are members of a regulated profession. Please discuss the importance of regulation in nursing, and explore why regulation is necessary due to the nature of nursing work.
3. There are ten National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards which were developed by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC). Please discuss at least two of the standards, as they relate to nursing, and explain why it is essential that nurses are aware of the quality and safety frameworks that govern nursing practice.
4. Select an influential figure from nursing, past or present. Explain the significance of this individual, including their contribution to the profession and/or discipline, how they created change, and their lasting legacy on nursing.
5. Select a nursing theorist, and discuss how they have made a significant contribution to society or the advancement of nursing.
6. Discuss the role of virtue ethics in the formation of a nurse`s professional identity.
7. Nursing has been subject to many stereotypes. Please identify and discuss at least two nursing stereotypes, and explore the ways they have impacted the perception of nursing as a profession.
1. Clearly addresses the main points of the chosen question. Develops a logical argument, with a clear introduction, body and conclusion (30%)
2. Structure and written expression is clear and grammatically correct (25%).
3. Evidence of in-depth engagement with appropriate academic literature and other resources, using a minimum of 6 scholarly sources (25%%).
4. Referenced using Harvard style (in-text and in reference list) (20%).
Links to unit`s intended learning outcomes
1,2, 3 & 4.