Term Paper: Managing Risk in Organizations Due Week 10 and worth 140 points
For many years, organizations have realized the need for developing effective risk management plans; likewise, major incidents over the past ten to fifteen (10-15) years have emphasized the importance of these plans. As a result, many organizations are realizing the need for a structured risk management approach with appropriate plans to mitigate the risks. A computer incident response team (CIRT) plan is designed to help organizations prepare for incidents that might occur, as it defines who, what, when, where, and why of the response effort.
Write an eight page paper in which you:
1. Describe the purpose, focus, and main elements of a CIRT plan.
2. Assess how a CIRT plan fits into the overall risk management approach of an organization and how it supports other risk management plans.
3. Analyze how the development of a CIRT plan enables management to adopt a more proactive approach to risk management. Include recommendations for remaining proactive in the continual improvement and update of CIRT plans.
4. Identify the management and oversight responsibilities in the development of an effective CIRT plan.
5. Analyze the current regulatory requirements mandating risk management processes and plans and provide your opinion of how the regulatory requirements will change over the next five to ten (5-10) years.
6. Use at least 5 (five) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Perform a business impact analysis for a provided scenario.
• Create a business continuity plan (BCP) based on the findings of a given risk assessment for an organization.
• Describe the components of an effective organizational risk management program.
• Describe processes for implementing risk mitigation throughout an organization.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT risk management.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to IT risk management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.