For the successful development of this assessment point you should read carefully the case study below and address clearly the following areas: resources allocated, tasks needed to achieve its aims, and then a breakdown of the project using the Project Libre - Project Management software.
Be assured, that you will address the below tasks:
Task 1: Identify the project’s stakeholders.
Task 2: Plan the project using critical path analysis, a Gantt chart and a WBS plan.
Task 3: Create a budget for the project broken down by Task and Activity.
Task 4: Create an HR plan.
Task 5: Identify the potential risks associated with this project and develop a risk analysis and management plan.
Task 6: Breakdown the project with the use of Project Libre - Project Management software, which you can access via this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/projectlibre/
Kiros Slonis SA is a construction company with expertise in public and private construction projects in the medical industry. They just landed a contract to build a small 100 room - bed special purpose hospital on a local government owned plot in a residential area in the suburbs to accommodate Covid-19 patients.
The timescale of the project is defined as 6 months (26 weeks), which means that the project must be completed by December 31, 2021. The time of the delivery of the project cannot change due to the urgency of the situation and the negotiations that have occurred with local and central government authorities per the contract signed and the RFP issued. The total procurement budget for the project has been set at 10m Euros.
As such the project scope is clearly defined and the project is quite consistent and predictable. Write a business report in which the following plans should be clearly presented making use the following information/table.
Task Description Duration (weeks) Predecessor/s
A ACTIVITY 1 4 -
B ACTIVITY 2 2 -
C ACTIVITY 3 3 A
D ACTIVITY 3 1 B
E ACTIVITY 5 4 B
F ACTIVITY 6 2 C
G ACTIVITY 7 2 C
H ACTIVITY 8 2 C,D
I ACTIVITY 9 3 E,H
J ACTIVITY 10 3 F
Note the suggested structure for your assignment:
Introduction (500 words) - 15%
- Presentation of the project you are going to analyze.
- Possible definitions for terms relating to the question.
- What the report will include and/or leave out (scope).
- What topics the report will discuss and the order they are presented.
- What methodologies and tools you will apply.
Main body (2000 words) – 55%
The following structure can be used for the presentation of the tasks you should develop for the successful development of the report:
- Project summary (introduce the project you will analyze, its main parts and the software);
- Identify the project’s stakeholders.
- Present the critical path analysis, the Gantt chart and the WBS chart.
- Present the budget of the project.
- Present the HR plan.
- Identify potential project risks.
Conclusion (500 words) – 15%
- Links back to the themes identified in the introduction.